HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYBODY!
|Coolest New Year's Eve shirt ever: Goodwill, $4|
1. I will wear more plaid. Because it's rad. (UPDATE: Check out this blazer.)
2. I will dress like "me" everyday.
3. I will sew my own tulle party skirt. The materials are bought, so now I just have to do it! If it turns out sweet, I will post pics. (UPDATE: It turned out mega-sweet. See it here!)
4. I will buy a hot red dress, and then find somewhere to wear it!
5. I will wear a colorful scarf when I'm stumped for outfit ideas.
6. I will shop my closet more when I think I have "nothing to wear." Discovering some long-forgotten cute skirt makes me giddy.
7. I will try a new makeup color in my lipstick and eye shadow.
8. I will go to as many fashion shows and events as I can. (UPDATE: Totally nailed this resolution. I went to New York Fashion Week and Saint Louis Fashion Week, among many other awesome events. Can't wait for 2015!)
9. I will compliment another woman's outfit when she wears something I think is fabulous.
10. I will seek out work as a freelance fashion writer and move closer to my fashion editor dream job. (UPDATE: I got work published in Independent Retailer and on The CubicleChick.com and Alive Mag.com. Yeah!)
11. I will continue taking courses in Fashion Merchandising to learn more about the industry.
12. I will not let my fingernail polish get chipped. (Of all my resolutions, this one is probably the least likely to happen.)
13. I will save up for an amazing, overpriced boutique outfit.
14. I will love the skin I'm in. As long as I'm healthy, I will remind myself that I still rock!
What are you planning to do, style-wise, in 2014?