1. Why did you start blogging? As a first step to my career transition, I went back to school to study Fashion Merchandising. I did an internship where I wrote for St. Louis In Style and loved every minute of it. When the internship ended, I was really sad until I realized I could start my own blog! I started The Ruby Zipper last year while I was pregnant, which made for, um, interesting outfit posts. :) Being able to hone my craft and share my style with others makes me very happy.
2. Who is your favorite designer? Betsey Johnson. I think she loves bows even more than I do.
3. What local boutique do you frequent most? Well, since I work there, I'd have to say Rung & Sprung Boutique. LOL (I would shop there even if I didn't work there though, since the deals and one-of-a-kind clothes are tough to beat.) On days off, my husband and I love The Green Shag Market. The mini-booths of antique and vintage knick-knacks are a blast to sift through.
4. What do you splurge on? Sushi or any take-out. I'm typically very thrifty, but I can usually justify paying for convenience when it comes to food.
5. What staple is in your closet for fall? A vintage camel leather jacket I bought 18 years ago gets near-daily wears every fall.
6. Where is your dream travel destination? Hawaii!
7. What was the first concert you ever attended? The night before I started 3rd grade, I went to a Whitney Houston (RIP) concert at the St. Louis Muny with my parents and sister. I wore a denim skirt and blouse with a fruit pattern, an outfit I had planned months in advance.
8. Provel- yay or nay? On pizza, nay. On salad or otherwise, yay.
9. What is your favorite film? Aside from the obvious (Clueless and Sex and The City Movie), I love under-appreciated horror films like "The Stepfather" and Stephen King's "The Langoliers."
10. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? I ate a dog biscuit in high school. It was dry and not very tasty. But then, I'm a cat person.
In the tradition of the Award, I now get to nominate some of my favorite bloggers and generate new questions for them to answer. And the nominees are. . .
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your dream job?
3. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
4. If you could choose only 3 albums to take on a desert island, what would they be?
5. If you could wear any designer on the Red Carpet, who would you wear?
6. What was your favorite subject in school?
7. Name one of your quirks.
8. Would you rather go back in time or see into the future, and why?
9. What is your favorite hobby (other than blogging)?
10. What are you wearing as you answer these questions?